Home Forums Game Frame Firmware Modding Wi-Fi Adapter Firmware

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  evertc 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Basti M.
    Participant

Dear Jeremy,

i’m about to build a special self made Gameframe from scratch an would like to build it with the Particle Photon. As all other firmware was released to the public, I want to ask you, to release the Photon source code even too. I would be very thankful 🙂

Thank you

Jeremy Williams
    Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

The latest Particle firmware broke compatibility with the stock FastLED library. Let’s see if that can be sorted and then I’ll look at releasing the code.

Basti M.
    Participant

Yes i saw that while developing. Hopefully they will fix this and you can release the code 🙂

evertc
    Participant

The last few months I’ve been waiting for the day on which the photon code gets released. I would highly appreciate it and am looking forward to that very moment.

Basti M.
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

please have a look at my solution in the particle community board.

https://community.particle.io/t/fastled-not-compiling-to-photon/30031/15

Thanks
    Bastian

Jeremy Williams
    Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

I saw that, but are you sure FastLED doesn’t need the RwReg variable or can freely use the one that’s already instantiated?

Basti M.
    Participant

In my case the already instantiated one works. Just try to compile the Gameframe firmware with this fix and test it out.

Basti M.
    Participant

So i am nearly done with my self-made gameframe (only need to build a case).
    Would you mind to release the firmware even in this stage? I would love to get a hand on this issue with the full source.

Jeremy Williams
    Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Okay, now that Particle has the Arduino compatibility bugs sorted I’ve pushed the Wi-Fi Adapter source code to GitHub. Compile using 0.6.2-rc.1 or greater. I recommend Particle Dev or command line — NOT the web IDE.

https://github.com/Jerware/GameFrameV2_WiFi

Basti M.
    Participant

Thank you very much Jeremy! Have a nice last day of easter 🙂

evertc
    Participant

Thank you so much for releasing the source code Jeremy !

My wall will never be the same again 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.