Home Forums Game Frame Technical Support Struggling to compile arduino sketch

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jamesbovey333
    Participant

Hi all, hoping someone can help me. I’m trying to build the original game frame and am trying to upload the game sketch to my arduino but I get this error, ‘inifile’ has not been declared. I get the same error trying to compile either sketch and as you have probably guessed, I can’t code! I am using ide 1.0.1, have all the libraries installed via Jeremy’s zip file from a post on these forums. Any suggestions are very welcome! Thank you

jamesbovey333
    Participant

Ok, so I have got past that error but now it’s saying my sketch is too big. The clock sketch fits fine but not the game sketch. Am using Jeremy’s link to adafruit library as in a previous post someone was having the same issues but it’s still saying it’s too big 🙁 please help

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Sorry for the delay. Any progress? Can you link to the exact libraries you’re using?

jamesbovey333
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Jeremy, yes I managed to get the script compiled in the end, I messed up with the adafruit library and used the wrong one! Just waiting for the rest of my LED strips before I can put it all together. Not entirely confident on the wiring of sd module, buttons and rtc but I’m guessing it’s the same as in adafruit tutorials for those modules. I see you have used pins 4/5 for buttons and pin 9 for cs on sd module. Do I need resistors for those or do they use resistors onboard? And do I need specific buttons for this? Sorry for all the questions, relatively new to programming and electronics so apologies if my questions are really simple. Once powered, and with game sketch loaded onto arduino, will the matrix display anything before I push in the loaded sd card. Many thanks for your support, genuinely appreciate it greatly

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Before connecting an SD the display should show an SD error message, and you can also hold down both MENU and NEXT buttons when powering on to show some test colors.

Any buttons should work. As for the resistors, it’s probably easiest to just use the Adafruit SD adapter here:

https://www.adafruit.com/product/254

…and connect its pins directly to the appropriate pins on the Uno.

jamesbovey333
    Participant

Thanks Jeremy. Yes I have ordered and received the exact sd module from adafruit and also have the rtc module you suggested so I’m hoping it will all go together easily. I have some momentary buttons so planning to use them. Hopefully LEDs should arrive this week and I can get on with this 🙂 will purchase sd files ready. Thanks for all the help sir.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.