Home Forums Game Frame Technical Support Single pixel can't display all colors

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kmusler
    Participant

The first day with the Game Frame was fine. The next day I turned it on and noticed one of the pixels shows the wrong color. It’s not stuck on one color, it just can’t display all of the colors. Is this what the nylon screw is for? If not, any suggestions on how to fix it?

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Oh, no. It appears you have a bad LED. Despite putting all of the LED boards through a burn through process this can still happen. Unfortunately it means you’ll need to return the Game Frame to me so I can replace the LED grid. Send me an email (jeremy at this domain) and we’ll work out the details. Really sorry for the problem.

aomalley
    Participant

I have a similar issue, where one pixel was not able to display all colors, but it only happens occasionally. Brightness setting does not seem to affect the issue. Will keep monitoring; just get my Game Frame yesterday and loving it!

Kevin
    Participant

I had the same issue. I believe with mine the red part of the RGB LED had died, so it was only noticeable if the LED was displaying a color with a red component. Blue looked fine, but red, orange, etc. did not.

Jeremy asked that I send mine back and my replacement should be here today. Thanks, Jeremy!

aomalley
    Participant

Great to hear about the great support for Game Frame!

However w/ mine the issue occurs only sometimes, ie, in the same animations it is sometimes problematic and other times works fine, regardless of the color; very strange.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Just FYI, if you want a simple color test you can turn off the Game Frame, hold down NEXT, and turn it on again.

If anyone has similar problems, please send me an email and we’ll get it sorted.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Technical Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.