Home Forums Game Frame Game Frame Art Gallery Reddit Alien

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Adam
    Participant

I recently got my wifi board and decided to make a Reddit alien animation to be triggered with IFTTT events. This is my first attempt at making an animation. I hope you all enjoy.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Great work!

Patrick
    Participant

Very nice! Now if I can just get the trigger to work for Reddit…(If I upvote it should display but doesn’t.) Checked the recipe and it does work. 🙁

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

There might just be a delay?… Every trigger has a different amount of time it takes to relay the signal to Particle (and thus your Game Frame).

If you want help setting up the recipe just list your steps. I love setting them up and would be glad to help.

Patrick
    Participant

I published the recipe (“Reddit/Particle/Upvote”) and see the log shows it was triggered three times but I never saw the animation. I suspect it takes longer than I expected before it triggers.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

You might need to link to the recipe if you want us to find it.

Patrick
    Participant

Sorry about that.

https://ifttt.com/p/pldugan/shared

I timed it after posting an upvote and gave up after 6 minutes.

It is set to “play” and the parameter is “Reddit_Alien”

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Have you setup the SMS recipe? Then you can test it by texting “play reddit_alien” to your game frame. The SMS action happens rather immediately.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Worked for me. I used the upload button from the web control panel to create a folder called “reddit_alien” and then uploaded the 0.bmp and config.ini files. Then I added your recipe, selecting the Play function and left the Input as Reddit_Alien. Then I upvoted something on Reddit and hit the “Check Now” button for the recipe back on IFTTT. The animation played.

Adam
    Participant

I don’t know how well the Reddit channel works. Originally I created this animation for when people would reply to my comments. Unfortunately the Reddit channel doesn’t support that. In all of my other tests, I have not had any luck with it triggering the animation. The SMS recipe works but not the Reddit recipe. 🙁

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Does it work when you click “Check Now” on the recipe in IFTTT? That button played the animation right away for me. Haven’t checked the delay if you don’t click that yet. Will tonight.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Just ran some tests. Look like that Reddit trigger fires about every 30 minutes (yuck!). It fired for me at 40 minutes past the hour, and again at 10 minutes after the hour.

Patrick
    Participant

I know Reddit has been making updates/changes recently which might be the cause of the delays. I agree that the trigger actions are not the best for Reddit.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Game Frame Art Gallery’ is closed to new topics and replies.