Home Forums Game Frame Technical Support Rebooting every couple of days

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Patrick
    Participant

I’ve noticed that for some time I have to reboot the game frame otherwise applications that communicate with it (previously IFTTT and now my own exe) can no longer reach the device. The Game Frame is still running but it cannot be stopped via Wifi or any outside methods unless I reboot. I cannot access it via a web page either. Is this a sign that my Photon is bad or going bad? Is this normal and I should reboot every day or two?

Thanks!
    Patrick

nikbutler
    Participant

is your GameFrame on a static / preallocated IP address ? it sounds a bit like a dhcp lease timeout thing .. I am however just guessing

Patrick
    Participant

Yes I set the Game Frame on a static IP address so I don’t have to search for its IP whenever I want to access it. I have other devices (Octopi for example) also set with a static IP and they don’t lose access. It seems like it has gotten worse requiring rebooting a few times a day now. I suspect the Photon is dying. I will buy a new Photon board and see if I can get it back to running. It has been a fixture in my home office for a long time and I’d hate to throw it away.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Technical Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.