Home Forums Game Frame Technical Support not playing all folders

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rodney
    Participant

So I ran into an issue this morning. I updated all my folder to prefix with a number to try and control the order in which folders are played. so “01__” “02___” etc. After doing this the Game frame doesnt play all the folders. i even renamed them back with out the numbers and it only cycles through 4 of the folders instead of all 10 I have on the sd card. Before doing this all 10 were playing correctly.

As anyone seen anything similar? I will try to do more troubleshooting later as I have time.

I can zip up my root sd card if that would help.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Hey Rodney, sorry for the problem. First off, it’s important to understand that “sequential” playback has nothing to do with filenames. It’s the order of the actual file indexes (the order they appear on the physical SD card itself). You can control this by formatting the microSD and then copying folders in the order you want them to appear. Just don’t forget to include /00system.

It’s worth noting that there are two other methods of controlling the playback order of folders covered in this thread.

Now, as to why your folders aren’t playing at all — I’m really curious myself! A folder can’t start with ’00’ but it doesn’t look like yours do. I don’t think the underlines would cause a problem… hm. Can you zip up your root and email it to jeremy at this domain?

Rodney
    Participant

email sent. thanks

Rodney
    Participant

Fixed, I formatted the card and copied all the folders back one at a time as I wanted them to appear and everything is working as intended.

I had been adding/removing/renaming folders every morning as new stuff was posted and I ran the frame with different art.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Really? Did you rename the folders since you sent me the ZIP? Because I think you actually discovered a bug. Using your folders (which all start with a 2-digit number), none of them will play because they contain a 0 (zero) character. I think this is related to my code that ignores 00system, but it’s overcompensating.

So, yeah, for now please don’t use folder names that have a 0 in the first two characters of the folder name! (Who programmed this stupid Game Frame, anyway??) 🙂

By the way, I see you’re linking a few mega-man animations together. There is a better way to do this. See the CONFIG.INI thread I referenced earlier and try the nested numerical folder method instead.

Rodney
    Participant

Ah yes I removed all the numbers since it plays based on the order the folders are written. That makes more sense now.

the first time my 11 12 13 folders were playing. I’m a horrible tester for not realizing that 🙂

I will research the config ini and chaining sub folders. I’ve been grabbing almost every animation posted and checking them out. still trying to get a “playlist” I like best. I’m really enjoying the frame and its getting a lot of attention at my desk.

I plan to show it off at some of the local tech user groups too. especially my local micro controller group.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Technical Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.