Home Forums Game Frame General Discussion I replaced my Photon and have 2 extra boards

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

The “reboot” command.

Patrick
    Participant

Got the external antenna installed and used the command to change to external.
    The wifi_signal still shows “11” so I am still suspicious that the return code I am getting back isn’t what I think it is. I attached the readout from the Packet Sender. What am I doing wrong?

I tested the auto-reboot command. I had it running every four hours which seems to keep it going but I want to try the antenna so that is currently disabled.

Either way I should be able to keep it going all the time now.

Which brings me back to my original post. I have two adapter boards that I will mail to anybody that wants them. I have a spare Photon (soldered to the adapter board) which apparently wasn’t broken so I have a spare now.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Sorry, I’m not seeing the “11” response in your screenshot. Can you try sending the commands from the Particle Console and see what response you get?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Patrick
    Participant

I’m sorry. I should have indicated that return values were coming back from my calls via UDP.

IPAddress ipaddress = IPAddress.Parse(ipAddress);
    IPEndPoint endPoint = new IPEndPoint(ipaddress, 8888);

Socket s = new Socket(endPoint.Address.AddressFamily, SocketType.Dgram,
    ProtocolType.Udp);

byte[] msg = Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes(command);
    var result = s.SendTo(msg, endPoint);
    Console.WriteLine(result);
    s.Close();

The screenshot showed what the packet sender displayed which I hoped would be more helpful but I didn’t see anything there either.

I got on the particle console (via the web site) and the wifi_signal shows “100” for me. I do have the antenna attached and used the command to use the external antenna.

I will leave it without rebooting for a few days and see what happens. If it still loses connection for some reason I can always turn on the scheduled reboot

Patrick
    Participant

So far the GameFrame is still going with no reboot and still taking commands via udp. I don’t want to jinx myself but it has gone further than it has in a long time.

Patrick
    Participant

Well it lasted a couple of days before it would no longer take commands. I am setting the scheduler to reboot twice a day to see if that keeps the unit running continuously.

Patrick
    Participant

With the reboot twice a day the GameFrame seems to run all the time now. I suspect something in the code is the issue but I’m too lazy to go through it to determine the issue. For now it keeps working which was my goal.

I know Jeremy doesn’t get paid and supports this (and the web site) with NO MONEY coming in which is a labor of love.

Is it possible for anyone to donate some money to offset the costs of the website or the support supplied? Maybe a PayPal account to send money to?

Patrick
    Participant

Just a follow-up. The GameFrame has been running without an issue for 4 weeks now. I am rebooting once a day via task scheduler/command line which seems to keep everything going.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.