Home Forums Game Frame Wi-Fi Adapter Help page "Menu" button error

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Patrick
    Participant

I noticed that if I select the “Help” page (via a web browser) and then select “Menu” I see a graphic showing “SD” and then the Game Frame reboots after several seconds (maybe 30?) Is my “help” html page corrupt?

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

No, I’m sure it’s fine. The page is built into the firmware. I’m traveling today but I’ll take a look when I get home. Are you using the help page for anything in particular?

Patrick
    Participant

No. I was originally trying various clock faces but that was it. (which worked fine) I decided to hit the “menu” button just out of curiosity. Tested twice and got the same result.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Ok. Of course, you know you can change clock faces from the regular web control panel too, right?

Patrick
    Participant

Yes, I was simply trying options out and decided to use the help page that time. I think the only real time I have used the help page was to load a new firmware or index page.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

I can’t reproduce this. Can you give me specific repro steps?

Patrick
    Participant

I tried the menu from the remote and that worked fine. To reproduce I simply start the web page (“192.168.1.2/help”) and then select the “Menu” button at top. I then see the error immediately. Is it looking for something on the SD card specifically?

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Ah, foolishly I thought you meant the MENU button on the remote control. I just fixed the bug and it will be solved in the next firmware release.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster
    Patrick
    Participant

SD error still present.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Nope, works for me. You sure you installed 1201 properly?

EDIT: Or possible your browser cached it?

Patrick
    Participant

Deleted the cache (Chrome) tried again. Still the same. Tried with FireFox and Edge (which is the first time I have even used it) and also re-downloaded the firmware. I wondered if the “SD” sign means I am missing a file it is looking for on the SD card when I press the Menu button? Anyway this error doesn’t really matter, I can access the menu via the remote so I’m good.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

When you go to the help page, does the Mode dropdown list include Effects?

Patrick
    Participant

Two options clock and gallery

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Then your update is not working. Hm… there was a recent Particle system update to 0.6.0 and I wonder if they aren’t updating your Photon for some reason (I’ll bet yours says System version: 0.5.x right?). I’ll try to figure out what’s up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.