Home Forums Game Frame Game Frame Art Design Tools Graphic Conversion Tool (gfx2gf)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    justinsblack
    Participant

Thanks guys. For some reason, FFMPEG wasn’t installed with my ImageMagick. I’ve now solved the FFMPEG issue but I still don’t have Identify. Can someone point me in the right direction or tell me how I missed it?

justinsblack
    Participant

Here’s the error I was receiving.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

It looks like you either don’t have ImageMagick installed or, more likely, it’s not included in your system path. I just installed it on a new system, and it gives you the option to include it in the path during install. It’s checked by default.

It’s also odd that FFMPEG wasn’t included with your ImageMagick. Are you sure you’re running the right installer? On my Windows 8.1 64bit system I installed this build:

http://www.imagemagick.org/download/binaries/ImageMagick-6.8.9-8-Q16-x64-dll.exe

And it works great.

jofjof27
    Participant

Hello,

Well, I must be stupid. I have 12 .bmp in 16×16 made with a program on ipad (pixaki). I installed ImageMagick-6.9.0-Q16.I copy all the files towards gfw2gf and there I have a folder with a preview and a .bmp.
    I copy it all on my SD card, install it in my gameframe and… just 1 fix image. So, if someone could explain it to stupid or clumsy, that would be really nice.

Thanks a lot

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

jofjof27: Sounds like you don’t need this tool at all! Just name your files you made 0.bmp, 1.bmp, 2.bmp, etc., and drop them into a folder on Game Frame.

jofjof27
    Participant

Doenst work 🙁 here is the files. Can you check where i have make a error (sorry for my bad english 🙂

Attachments:
    Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Start with 0.bmp, not 1.bmp.

justinsblack
    Participant

Any suggestions on how to pull a section of a clip out? In other words, how would I only rip minutes from 16m00s to 18m00s? Do I need to pull that section out of the video file before using the batch file?

Thanks for any suggestions.
    J

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Yes, that’s probably the easiest way. Just render out the clip you want from a video editor. That’s also gives you the opportunity to control how it’s cropped square.

justinsblack
    Participant

Great thanks Jeremy (once again)!

Any suggestions on a video editor? My initial thought would be MakeMKV but I don’t even know if this is possible in it.

Thanks again!
    J

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

I use Vegas because it’s what I know, but anything will do what you need. You could always try the free Movie Maker software for Windows.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/movie-maker

agm130
    Participant

Great tool, but I noticed on the ImageMagick install you need to check the box that says: Install legacy utilities (e.g. covert). It is not checked by default.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Thanks for the heads up, agm130. Looks like they updated the tool. I’ll update the batch file asap.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

ImageMagick Version 7 support added. See first post.

kdc2412
    Participant

Jeremy,

Followed the instructions but still get the errors mentioned above too. I installed Image magick per windows – what have I done wrong? I just want to convert this simple gif as an example. Your program asks a few questions (I answer Y) and then I get a config file but no frame images…

Thanks,

Kevin

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.