Home Forums Game Frame Technical Support flake in pixel

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Willem
    Participant

Hi there,
    I have just this week received my gameframe and love it so far!
    Unfortunately one pixel seems to have some sort of flake inside it. Is there a way to remove this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Hi Willem,

I’m sorry for the delay in responding, and for the flake. Looks like a sliver of the plastic mesh came loose. No big deal. You should be able to turn the Game Frame on its back (screen side up) and tap firmly on the pixel with your finger. In my experience they fall right out. Let me know if you can’t fix it.

Jeremy

Willem
    Participant

Thanks Jeremy! Fixed!

The Tim
    Participant

I love that the official solution to multiple GameFrame display issues is “give it a good smack.”

Flake in a pixel? Give it a good smack.
    Misaligned mesh? Give it a good smack.
    GameFrame seems to be developing sentience? Give it a good smack.

Okay that last one may have been my own addition. 😉

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

I can’t argue with that, Tim. That is pretty funny. Coincidentally I treated the computer/IDE the same way when writing the code, but wasn’t as successful.

Willem
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,
    so the flake made a come back and I tried your solution again. This time the flake was gone but the pixel is half discolored now(is that a proper english word?? see attached picture). Any idea how to fix this?
    Thanks,
    Willem

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Hi Willem,

It sounds like the flake fell onto the LED itself, and is distorting the light. Try turning the Game Frame on its side or front and trying to tap/shake the flake away.

If you wish, you’re welcome to return it so I can open it up and remove the flake. Just send me an email if you decide to do this (jeremy at this domain).

Willem
    Participant

Thanks Jeremy, fixed it again!
    I’d rather not return it because I had to pay an extra €50 tax already just to get it* don’t want to do that again*

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Alright then. I hereby extend your forum-based “smack it” flake technical support rights indefinitely.

Willem
    Participant

Thanks! I should have known 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.