Home Forums Game Frame Technical Support Error: SD displayed on screen

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ursine1
    Participant

The last couple of days, I’ve looked up to see this error on the screen of the Game Frame, instead of the animations. This has happened three times now. A power cycle clears it, and it starts back from the title animation again, but the error shows back up some time later. Any ideas?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

As you probably guessed, that means the system can’t read from SD. Does it happen during the same animation every time? Have you tried ejecting and inserting the microSD card a few times to make sure it’s making good contact? Do you have another microSD card you could try in order to figure out if the problem is the card itself?

ursine1
    Participant

I figured it was something like that. I haven’t been able to catch what animation it might be happening on (if it’s the same one) but I am able to cycle through all of them using the buttons without issue. I just pulled the card out and blew on it and re-seated it, which is the highly technical way of making sure it’s seated correctly. 😉 It feels like it seems to seat fine; not sliding in roughly or anything… I’ll let you know if the problem continues! Thanks for the help!

ursine1
    Participant

Urgh. It did it again. I just pulled the card and put it in my Mac, and for some reason it’s now “read only” (see scheenshot)… it won’t let me add any new animations. Thoughts?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Are you using the supplied SD adapter? It has a little write protection switch on it. Make sure it’s in the correct position.

ursine1
    Participant

I am; I just checked and it’s in the “not locked” position. I’m still showing the card as “write only”. Maybe I should just pickup a new microSD card and start from scratch? Where can I get the original contents of the card? (I never did a backup before I added animations)

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Wait, “write only?” I assume you meant read only…? If so, you should still be able to copy the data off. In any case, please send me an email (jeremy at this domain) and I’ll send you a link to the default SD contents.

ursine1
    Participant

Urgh —sorry, me brain no worky right. I did mean “read only”. I need more coffee.

jsouthworth
    Participant

Hey guys, I had this error too. It was with the butterfly animation (purple with blue background) every time. I commented out the hold function in the config.ini file from that folder and it works now. Not sure why? Maybe my SD card had a bad block of memory there? Who knows, but it works now.

About the locked vs not locked of the SD card, be careful when inserting the card into the adapter. I would think it was not locked, insert it into my the adapter/my computer and it would be locked. I think the lock/unlock switch is easily toggled.

ursine1
    Participant

Hey — Jeremy and I had taken the discussion offline for a bit, but here’s a more recent update: My “read-only” issue was apparently caused by the adapter — I was able to use a friends card reader and reformat my SD card, and then re-install the original data, and that fixed the issue. I’ve now added back the additional animations from the forum and have still not seen the error. My guess is something like a bad memory block or sector, as you’ve suggested. For now, all looks good!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Technical Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.