Home Forums Game Frame Technical Support Dead Gameframe

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    rick
    Participant

When I turn it one, I see a momentary flash of random looking pies on the display before it goes back to black again.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Sorry to hear it, Rick. Was it working before? What does the red LED on the circuit board do? Does it pulse slowly or flash quickly, or show nothing at all?

rick
    Participant

It was working great. Then a week ago I noticed that it had stopped on a single frame of an animation… so I restarted it and it seemed to work again.

Then I noticed it had hung again and turned it off.

Now when I turn it on it behaves as I described.

I would have to guess that the red LED is doing nothing at all because I’m not sure where it is and it’s not really announcing itself to me with any kind of flashing or pulsing.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Hi Rick,

For your and others information, the PCB LED is located to the upper right of the logo. I’ve attached a photo. When you turn on the Game Frame, it should go full bright and then begin to dimly flash or pulse depending on whether it can read from the microSD.

Can you confirm that it’s not turning on at all? If so, it sounds like your PCB has died. Send me an email (jeremy at this domain) and we’ll get it sorted.

Jeremy

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    rick
    Participant

Not turning on at all. PCB dead.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Replacement sent.

rick
    Participant

Thanks Jeremy!

Got it… installed it…

Now, before I run power through it, can you confirm that I hooked it up properly?

Wired properly?

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

I couldn’t have done it better myself. Hopefully it will work. If it doesn’t, try replacing the AC cable that connects the power supply to the wall.

rick
    Participant

SUCCESS!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Technical Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.