Home Forums Game Frame General Discussion Code not compiling

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    tombo89
    Participant

Hello,

It’s a long time ago i purchased all the parts for building my Gameframe myself.
    I had 3d printet some parts and assembled my Prototype. All was working at this moment.

Now about 1-2 years later I want to biuld it with a nice enclosure and electonics.
    I switched to a new pc in the meantime and lost all my old data.
    I tried to compile the code again but can’t get it working.

I’m using a Teensy LC with ws2812 led Matrix. Looked at gameframe V2 and downloaded the correct Arduino Version and all the Librarys. But its a pretty big mess and full of errors.

I can’t just use the Hexfile as I need to change the Led type. Am I missing something or have all the Librarys changed so dramaticly?

Biggest problems semm sd Fat and rtc librarys. Not even the sample codes from these librarys compile and are full of errors.

I hope someone can Help me

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

The code had very little room for libraries to expand their storage requirements, which they did. Try changing your chip type to Teensy 3.2 and see if it compiles. If so, just use that. It has much more flash/RAM.

tombo89
    Participant

Hello,

I tried all different teensy boards and there is no change.

If I need to buy a new controller, it’s maybe better to directly switch to the Gameframe V2 wifi version with a Photon.

Will it be compatible with ws2812 if I remove the IR functionality?

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

I’ve never tried the WiFi code with WS2812b, but I would expect incompatibilities due to their timing requirements. It looks like FastLED has some native support for controlling WS2812 w/o using interrupts… see here:
    https://github.com/FastLED/FastLED/wiki/Interrupt-problems

Or you could look at Paul’s library that does the same thing:
    https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/WS2812Serial

Anyway, I just tried compiling the V2 code for Teensy 3.2 using Arduino 1.8.9 and it worked fine (FastLED 3.3). What went wrong for you?

tombo89
    Participant

Hello,

thanks for yur reply.
    As i said, i didn’t get to compile the examples from some librarys. I think something is really messed up with my different arduino Installations ^^

now i buyed a photon and also don’t get it to compile without errors.

Maybe i should put all this back to the box where I found it 🙂
    Did you use a specific target build Version on Photon?

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Compiling for the latest Photon 1.4.2 works for me, but you should really start by getting the library examples to compile. There are plenty of setup guides out there. You can do it.

tombo89
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve tried a lot now with the Photon. But for me it is impossible to get it working. The Interrupts and wifi are not going well together.

Luckily I put my old laptop out and find a Copy of my old working Gameframe V2 Code for Teensy Lc. 🙂

I just wired up the leds and sdcard on a Breadboard and its working like a charm 🙂

I still can’t use the Ir remote but this is not important for me. Now it’s time fo make a nice Frame and a custom Pcb where all of my Parts will go 🙂

Maybe in the future i find a good supplyer for Asa102 Leds in Germany and can build a second one with my Photon.

Thank you for your support and all the hard work you did on this Project.

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Excellent!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.