Home Forums Game Frame Technical Support The paper/mesh not correctly aligned

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Erik
    Participant

Hi!

I just received my frame and everything seems to run perfect. However, the black paper and the mesh holding the LEDs are not aligned. See pictures here:

Does Jeremy or anyone else have any suggestions on how to fix this? I have tried hitting it softly on a table and shaking it without any success. I might as well open it since I also want to remove some specs left on the vellum.
    Will the glue soften with heat or can I use a chemical to “melt” it? A small knife might be a good tool for loosening the wood pieces.

Suggestions?

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Hi Erik,

The alignment issue has come up with a few other backers who have emailed me, and they’ve been able to solve it pretty simply. Here’s the email I’ve sent them:

Basically, in shipping the plastic mesh inside the Game Frame fell out of alignment with the black paper overlay grid. It is designed to align when both items are resting on their bottom, so the idea is to pop it back down. I find the easiest method is to slam the bottom of the Game Frame down onto my hand a few times. If this doesn’t work, try dropping onto a table from an inch or two above it. Finally if THAT doesn’t work, try turning it upside down and slapping the top onto your hand to force it further out of alignment. This tends to loosen it up, and then turning it right-side up and a few soft taps on top will help the mesh fall down into place.

I assure you it looked perfect when it left, so it should be possible to get back in place. If you find it falls out of alignment again, you can try replacing one of the screws on the back with the nylon one. This will compress the screen layers and should hold them in place.

I’m sorry to make you spank your Game Frame, but there are no moving parts and it can handle it. I do the above process with it turned on so I can see the result.

As for hairs, some little flakes around the edge of a couple pixels can be normal but large ones shouldn’t be visible. If you see large ones, try laying the Game Frame on its back and tapping the hair firmly with your finger (being careful not to scratch the surface of the clear acrylic).

If all else fails, please email me (jeremy at this domain) and we can work out a replacement. Really sorry for the trouble!

Jeremy

Erik
    Participant

Ok, so I went ahead and gave it quite a few very hard punches and finally it started moving. Then it was easy to get it into the right position 😀 Thank you for the encouragement!

As for the specs, they don’t seem to be hair but rather flakes of plastic or paper. However, it’s not so bad and is only visible up close. I’m good 🙂

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

Great to hear, Erik.

Ben
    Participant

Mine has the exact same issue. I came here to see if there was anything I could do. I’ll give it a few whacks. Glad to hear A) it’s an easy fix and B) the solid-state components can handle a few Gs.

Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Technical Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.