Home Forums Game Frame General Discussion Firmware option: finish before advance

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Greetings,

I’d love to have my Game Frame cycle through animations every 30 seconds or 1 minute, but some of the animations I have are over a minute so I never get to see them finish.

It would be great if there were a flag in the config.ini that allowed have an animation finish playback before advancing, regardless of the timing.

Cheers,

/Chris

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

I agree this would be nice. Are you using Game or Clock firmware? Do you have a means of flashing the Game Frame with revised Arduino source code?

gnolivos
    Participant

I received mine TODAY, and this was the very first thing I noticed. Bummer! 🙂

I have the clock version, but no way to flash. I think this feature is a really a MUST. I think I will do whatever it takes to change it. Please advise!

Thanks!!

Jeremy Williams
    Keymaster

I added this feature to the attached source code. You’ll need to add the following to your CONFIG.INI somewhere in the [animation] section. (An example CONFIG.INI is also enclosed.)

# wait to finish the animation even if
    # the system timer expires
    finish = true

Note: this setting applies to normal animations AND translations/pans/filmstrips. I.e. if you’re using MOVEX or MOVEY, the system will not progress to the next animation until 1) the current one reaches its destination, and 2) the timer has expired.

I tested it but not terribly thoroughly. Let me know if bugs pop up.

UPDATE: I uploaded the wrong version. Fixed.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    gnolivos
    Participant

Thanks Jeremy! Will buy the cable and perform a re-flash… !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.